Reverse mortgage loans are a popular financing option in Austin, Texas, allowing 62 and older homeowners to tap into their home equity.
How Does a Reverse Mortgage Loan Work in Austin, Texas?
A reverse mortgage loan allows homeowners, aged 62 or older, to access a portion of their home’s equity without selling their home. The homeowner can choose to take their payout as a lump sum, monthly payments, a line of credit or a combination.
No monthly mortgage payments are required for a reverse mortgage, instead, the homeowner must take care of property charges, such as taxes, insurance and home upkeep.
The loan is paid when the homeowner sells the home, permanently moves out or passes away.* The sale of the home covers the borrower’s loan balance, though their heirs will have the option to buy the home at 95% of the appraised value if they so choose. If the home’s value exceeds the loan balance at the time of sale, the homeowner or their heirs get to keep the profits. If the loan balance exceeds the value of the home, the FHA pays the difference.
People get reverse mortgages in Austin for many reasons, including:
Austin, Texas Reverse Mortgage Eligibility
To be eligible for a reverse mortgage loan, borrowers must meet the following requirements:
About Austin, Texas
Austin, Texas, offers a vibrant and engaging environment for seniors, with its lively cultural scene, including music, arts and festivals. The city also offers abundant outdoor recreational opportunities for seniors. Austin also provides a range of healthcare facilities and transportation options for seniors.
Fun Facts About Austin, Texas
1. Due to its thriving music scene and abundance of music venues and festivals, Austin is often referred to as the “Live Music Capital of the World.”
2. Austin is home to the largest urban bat colony in North America. Austin celebrates its famous bat colony with the annual Congress Avenue Bats Festival.
3. Austin hosts the internationally renowned South by Southwest (SXSW) festival, which combines music, film, and interactive conferences.
4. Barton Springs Pool is a natural spring-fed swimming pool that maintains an average temperature of 68 degrees year-round.
5. Austin is home to over 250 parks, offering opportunities for outdoor activities, picnicking, hiking, biking and enjoying nature.
6. Austin is a major hub for high-tech companies, with Google, Tesla, Dell, IBM and Apple all having corporate locations in the city.
Interested in a Reverse Mortgage in Austin, Texas
Fill out the form and we will be in touch!
*This advertisement does not constitute tax or financial advice. Please consult a tax and/or financial advisor regarding your specific situation.